Held over the 21 & 22 June 2014, this sporting event celebrates two of the Hughenden region's unique natural attractions whilst testing speed and endurance
This 14th annual challenge is a gruelling fast-paced 8 km race of stamina and endurance, which takes place in the spectacular surrounds of Porcupine Gorge NP, 73km from Hughenden. Prize monies are given to the first four place getters in the Open Mens and Ladies sections, whilst Juniors are awarded with individual trophies and a prize pack. Held the next day is the 4th Mt Walker Fun Run. Approximately 4 kms for Open Mens and Womens and Under 16 Boys and Girls and Team Events. Approximately 2.4 km for Under 12 Boys and Girls starting lines at the base of Mount Walker. Competitors climb to the spectacular Mount Walker lookout, 10 km south of Hughenden on the Muttaburra road. Prize money and gift vouchers are awarded for winners from each section.
Moderating our Facebook page
We welcome your comments and do not discriminate against any views. We encourage you to discuss and share opinions with others and the council via our Facebook page.
In order to ensure our page is friendly and welcoming for all visitors, we do moderate where needed. We ask that when contributing your views to our Facebook page, you ensure that you:
• do not harass, abuse or threaten other visitors to the site
• do not post comments that are likely to offend others, particularly in reference to an individual’s race, age, gender, sexuality, political leaning, religion or disability
• do not use obscene or offensive language
• do not post repeat comments
• do not promote anything that may constitute spam, such as commercial interests, solicitations, advertisements or endorsements of any non-governmental agency
• do protect your personal privacy by not including email addresses, phone numbers or home addresses on the public wall
If you don’t adhere to the above, we will moderate and potentially remove your comment.
Enjoy the page and please be courteous.